Ask a Portland Plumber: Benefits of Water Jetting Your Drains
If there’s one thing a life in the plumbing industry has taught us, it’s that every pipe (without proper maintenance) will eventually become clogged over time. Grease, hair, soap scum, sediment, sludge, roots and much, much more can slow or completely stop the proper function of your home’s drains and cause you a massive plumbing headache. Fortunately, 3 Mountains has the perfect antidote to these nasty types of clogs—water jetting!
Water jets are the most effective weapon in the 3 Mountains drain cleaning arsenal. These are a massively powerful device that transforms ordinary water into a pressurized blast that can reach up to 60,000 psi, cutting through your blocked drains. Water jets will cut through roots, dissolve blockages and emulsify grease and soap scum, all while spray washing pipe interiors clean.
Our state-of-the-art water jets can cut through any obstruction or blockage in your drain line. And unlike drain snakes or liquid chemical substances, they won’t cause further damage to your already hurting pipes. Our drain cleaning technicians are specially trained to calibrate the appropriate water pressure for your home’s unique plumbing, taking into account the size and material of the pipes so no damage is done to your drain system.
Benefits of Water Jetting
- Won’t cause further damage to fragile, overworked pipes.
- Powerful and versatile enough to punch through most any clog.
- Improves overall flow of your home plumbing system.
- Once the pipe is unclogged, the water from the jet flushes loose detritus through your plumbing and finally out of your system.
- Efficient, economical and environmentally safe drain cleaning method.
- Leaves pipe interiors almost as clean as the day they were installed.
At 3 Mountains Plumbing, water jetting is our go-to drain cleaning solution. Call us today to learn more or schedule an in-home consultation!