Portland Plumber: Top 5 Issues That Require a Replacement
While it can be fairly easy for problems in your home’s sewer line to develop, determining the cause of these issues can be an entirely different matter. Not every sewer line issue calls for a replacement, but the more you know, the more informed your decision making can be.
Here are the five of the most common issues that require a replacement:
- Compromised Pipes: Cracked, broken or collapsed pipes can result from soil shifting, frozen ground, settling, among several other possible causes.
- Corroded or Rusted Pipes: Older pipes can break or collapse due to age and wear.
- Bellied Pipes: A “bellied” pipe is when a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a low spot in the line where paper and waste collect and cause repeated blockages.
- Leaking Pipes: Leaking joints where the seals between sections of pipe have broken, allowing water and sewage to escape.
- Tree Roots: Public enemy number one in the pipe repair industry. An excessive amount of tree roots strangling your sewer line often cannot be cleared using a cable machine.
At 3 Mountains Plumbing we always gather as much information as we can before we act. How do we do that? We use a special, in-line video inspection camera to not only identify the problem, but pinpoint its exact location. The camera allows our plumbing experts to get eyes on the real source of the problem and then proceed with the best course of action.
No matter what is causing your sewer related issues, 3 Mountains Plumbing can handle it! Call today—our operators are standing by!