Worn Out Dishwasher Tub Could Require Replacement
How often have you been thankful you have a dishwasher? Probably more times than you can count. Dishwashers are an extremely handy appliance to have in the kitchen, but start to lose their appeal when they break down.
Leaks are a pretty common problem we see with dishwashers, and they can happen for a number of different reasons. At 3 Mountains Plumbing, we want you to be prepared for anything.
Common Causes of Leaking Dishwasher
- Dishwasher door leak: If you notice that the water accumulates directly under the door, it’s possible that your door latch is bent, loose, or is not latching properly. It could also be because you need to replace the gasket – the rubber sealing on the door that prevents water from leaking out.
- Over-filling: It’s possible that your unit is taking in more water than it needs to and therefore cannot drain properly. If this is the case, if could be that the drain is clogged or that the float valve isn’t sealing properly.
- Tub trouble: After many years of use, the tub could develop a hole causing the dishwasher to leak. Different types of detergents and minerals can corrode the bottom of the tub. This is normally the time when you should consider getting your entire dishwasher replaced.
- Wrong soap: Using regular dish soap – the stuff you wash dishes with in the sink – in your dishwasher is a big mistake. It can foam up way too much and cause the unit to leak. Before thinking something is seriously wrong with your dishwasher, ask yourself if you have recently used the wrong soap.
- Loose or damaged valves: Connections and hoses inside your dishwasher can become loose after years of usage. Check your drain hoses to make sure they are connected tightly. If they are cracked or damaged in some other way, 3 Mountains Plumbing can help!
- Improper alignment: If your dishwasher isn’t level, then water can and will puddle under your unit.
Though it may seem that you can fix these problems yourself, it’s best to leave them to a professional. 3 Mountains Plumbing hopes to be the professional you choose.
No matter what types of dishwasher or other plumbing problems you’re having, you can count on us. Call 3 Mountains Plumbing today!