Look for Signs of a Leak to Get it Fixed Fast
The water main is the central pipe in a plumbing system that moves water from the inside of your home out to the sewer main. So, when it springs a leak or malfunctions in any way you can bet you’ll have some trouble on your hands.
When it comes to water leaks of any kind, but especially one in your water main, it’s important that you stop them as soon as possible. To do that, you need to know what to look for.
Signs You Have a Water Main Leak
- Collapsed ground or sidewalks
- High water bill: Typically a water bill will be the same month-to-month so if yours is unusually high you know you have a leak somewhere in your plumbing. It’s best to leave it up to a 3 Mountains Plumbing expert to find out exactly where it’s hiding.
- Dirty water at your fixtures
- No water supply inside the home
- Weak ground: Leaking water that seeps into the soil around your house will create weak spots.
- Puddles of water pooling in the landscape
- Visible water leakage: You should be lucky if you see any visible water signs because you can track it down fairly easily and call in a repair quick!
- Lack of water pressure
- Water meter spinning when water is not in use in the home: Using the shut off valve, turn off all the water to your home and check the meter. If it’s running without the use of water then you know something is up.
Water Line Replacement
Sometimes a break in a water line can be repaired, but in many cases it’s best to replace them all together. Because of the damage water leaks can do, you don’t want to be at risk for more down the line.
Water lines are buried underground so getting to them can be difficult, and the replacement process often takes some excavation. But with 3 Mountains Plumbing we use a trenchless method. This means that there very minimal diffinf on your property and, once completed, it will look like we were never even there.
To have your water line leak fixed quickly, call 3 Mountains Plumbing today!