Ask a Portland Plumber: Why You Need a Professional Installation
There are several types of appliances, of course, that can run on natural or propane gas. It can be extremely handy to have installed in your home, but you can’t do it alone. If you are looking to have a gas line installed, you’ll have to call a professional to take care of it.
A professional will take care of your installation safely so that you are not at risk of a leak that could lead to dangerous carbon monoxide poisoning. This gas is extremely harmful when inhaled, robbing your organs of oxygen. You may feel like you have the flu, except you won’t have a fever. If this ever happens to you, get out of your home as soon as possible and call 3 Mountains immediately.
Here are some ways that you can make your family safer from the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Have carbon monoxide detectors installed in several areas of your home.
- If you have a gas fireplace, furnace or water heater, inspect any flues, chimneys and vents regularly to make sure they are properly moving exhaust fumes outside.
- If you have a gas oven, never use it as a heat source. It will not only release carbon monoxide throughout your home, it will also cause damage to the oven itself.
Don’t ever try any sort of gas line installation on your own. Call 3 Mountains Plumbing instead today!