The saying goes, when it rains, it pours. This is definitely the case with a clogged catch basin or storm drain. These vital components route water from rains, floods and other ground water into the sewer system–away from vulnerable areas of your home.
Catch basins and storm drains jam from harmful debris, such as:
These materials, if allowed into your sewer system, can clog your drains and result severe flooding.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Features
• A backed up drain or catch basin will prevent rainwater and snowmelt from properly flowing properly and causing massive damage to home or business.
• When we arrive at your home, we will inspect the storm drains and catch basins to determine the cause of the clog and clear them out. This involves removing grates and getting into the basins to remove stuck debris and determining any possible future clogs.
Catch Basin and Storm Drain Cleaning Benefits
The cleaning responsibility may be yours or the city’s, depending on the location of the catch basin or storm drain. Contact the city or county sewer department to determine responsibility. In some homes, smaller catch basins are installed which are almost always the home owner’s responsibility. Even if your sewer department is responsible, they may be unaware of a problem and it may take a long time for them to come out and check the problem. No matter the time of day or day of the year, if your catch basin or storm drain is frequently flooding, it is best to contact us to handle the issue before you have a major problem on your hands.
Without working drains, you could:
• Have frequent floods during rain showers
• Ruin the landscaping near the basin
• Damage the concrete sidewalk or driveway due to erosion from excessive water
• Back flow could damage your house or business
• Trash, debris and other items in your yard
• Decreased property value based on water damage
Ignoring a clogged storm drain or catch basin today can lead to big trouble tomorrow. Call 3 Mountains Plumbing today and have our experts thoroughly inspect your storms drains and catch basins!