5 Signs of a Sewer Clog
Your sewer lines are underground, but there are many ways that you can tell if they’re having a problem. Homeowners should always know the signs of sewer clogs! After all, your sewer line is the most important sanitation-related device in your home, and, as such, it is a tremendously important factor in your family’s health. Having a sewer that cleanly and effectively removes waste from your home is the difference between a quality lifestyle and a home at serious risk of disease.
So make sure you can recognize the signs! You may have a sewer clog in your home if:
- There’s a Bad Odor– One of the most typical signs of a sewage problem is that stinky sewer smell. If there’s a foul odor coming from your basement or your kitchen, that means you might have a potential back-up on your hands, call in the professionals right away!
- Several Fixtures are Clogged– When your toilet and shower stop working at once, it’s not a coincidence: it means that the problem lies deeper in your sewer — namely the main sewer line in your home.
- Backups– You know that having your toilet back-up is a bad sign, but before you get the plunger out you should consider the possibility that there’s a clog in your main line. To test this, run your sink: if you see bubbles in your toilet, that means there’s trapped air in the sewer line and you need a professional fix.
- Drainage at the Clean-Out- A main line clean-out is the capped pipe in most people’s front yards that provides them access to a sewer line. You can open your clean-out by unscrewing it and checking for water. If water is coming out or standing in the clean-out, that means you have a clog.
- Gurgling Sounds– Drains might make some noise as water rushes down them, but they shouldn’t do any extended gurgling. These sounds could be a sign that water and air are having a tough time clearing all the way through your system.
If you’ve noticed any of the above, don’t wait: call the experts at 3 Mountains Plumbing for service today, and start living in a healthier, happier home!