In the typical house, the hardest worked rooms are the kitchen and bathroom. Day in and day out, the drains in your kitchen and bathroom are often under heavy strain. Cleaning up both dishes and bodies, these rooms are tied into drainage systems that get a daily workout. As they are connected to the sewer system they may become clogged and can slow your whole plumbing system to a halt. A variety of items can lead to clogs in your kitchen and bath that require your immediate attention.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, your drain is likely clogged:
• Frequent plunging of toilet(s)
• Slow draining sink
• Backup into the sink when the dishwasher is running
• Water collecting in tub during a shower
• Non-flushing toilet
• A sink that will not drain at all
• Foul smell emitting from drain
Common Kitchen and Bath Drain Clogs in Portland
• Soap scum
• Sanitary items
• Paper products
Yes, even toys can find their way into a drain through the unobserved play of a child. It doesn’t take much for a drain to be clogged. As time goes by, the normal items that move through your drains may become stuck to the walls of the drain, causing a buildup. Even something as small as a toothpaste cap can then jam up the sink.
Kitchen and Bath Drain Cleaning Features
• The first step to removing a clog is the use of a drain snake. This handy tool helps drain any standing water and allows a plumbing professional the proper access to the drains.
• We will then drop down a drain camera to inspect the make-up and severity of the clog.
• Finally, we use hydro-jetting to clean the drains of our customers. This high-pressure water jet system can remove almost any item that may be clogging your drain and breaks it up in pieces small enough to wash through the sewer. Hydro-jetting is the only method that truly cleans both the clog and the buildup without harming your pipes.
Kitchen and Bath Drain Cleaning Benefits
The inclination of some homeowners may be to reach for a commercial drain cleaner; these often do more harm than good. The caustic chemicals can damage your pipes, ruin the finish of the drains, and lead to more problems in the future. Water jetting will clean the entire drain system and prevent further drain clogs from developing through normal use.
Don’t let clogged kitchen and bath drains slow down your routine and interrupt your comfort. Call our drain cleaning experts at 3 Mountains Plumbing and have your pipes running like new again today!