5 Signs It’s Time to Call a Plumber in Portland, OR
As your trusted plumber in Portland, OR, the team here at 3 Mountains Plumbing is dedicated not only to providing our customers with the very best service, but also to helping them determine if they need professional plumbing assistance. Because by being able to pinpoint the signs early on, you can help prevent incurring more extensive damage to your plumbing system and/or water damage to your property.
5 Signs You Need a Plumber
There can be many indications you need a plumber, including:
- A clogged drain that won’t resolve with drain cleaner, plunging or snaking. If a drain in the kitchen or bathroom sink, shower, bath or toilet won’t unclog with DIY remedies, the clog is probably located further in the pipe system than you can reach. You’ll need a plumber to locate the clog, remove it and determine if the pipes are damaged.
- You hear the sound of running water when no faucet is open, and you feel “hot spots” under the floor. These signs indicate you have a slab leak, which is a leak in the pipes that run through the slab below your basement. You need immediate help to locate and fix the leak.
- A flooded basement. This is most often due to a malfunctioning sump pump, and it’s a serious problem that needs to be addressed right away in order to minimize water damage to your property. A plumber can pump out the water from your basement, repair the sump pump, or if necessary, install a new one.
- Visible pooling in your landscaping, collapsed ground, lack of water pressure and high energy bills. If you notice these signs, you have a leak in your water main line, which needs to be repaired immediately in order to prevent accidents, damages and water loss. A plumber will determine where the leak is and assess the least invasive method of repairing it.
- A leaking faucet. This can drive up your water bill considerably, and can be due to a number of things, including worn and broken parts. A plumber can replace the broken elements quickly and effectively.
Remember: if you notice any of these signs, call 3 Mountains Plumbing right away!