High-Efficiency Water Heaters in Portland
So what’s the big deal with efficiency these days?
It seems like every appliance on the market is advertising itself as the more efficient, more eco-friendly, and more environmental solution. Energy efficiency is one of the foremost priorities of manufacturers, and most states have regulations in place to set minimum efficiency standards for residential and commercial products.
Basically, energy efficiency means getting the most while spending the least. By installing the right water heater, your purchase can pay for itself in as little is 3 to 5 years! Our professional plumbers are here to help.
Improve Your Water Heater Efficiency & Save Money Now
When it comes to water heaters, efficiency means three things:
- More insulation to prevent heat from escaping the storage tank.
- Proper sizing to ensure you receive hot water fitting your home and lifestyle.
- Best fuel source for your home – a decision between gas and electric.
If you do your upgrade right, savings from your energy bills will eventually cover the cost of your water heater installation. The time it takes to get your money back will vary on the model you choose, the area you live in, and the amount of hot water you need. Ask your plumber about your water heater’s payback period. Finding the right balance between the cost of the installation and the savings per month is the secret to smart water heater buying!
Maximizing efficiency doesn’t stop at your bill’s bottom line. There are a number of best practices for conserving energy and reducing monthly bills to be aware of:
- Invest in water heater insulation –A hot water heater “blanket” can save you money by holding heat energy inside your storage tank where it belongs – you can find one at just about any hardware store.
- Reduce the temperature settings during vacations – When you’re going on a trip, find the thermostat on your water heater and turn it down. Your water heater should be between 120 and 180 degrees during regular operation, but there’s no need to keep burning gas if you aren’t going to use the water.
- Consider on-demand water heating – Looking for a water heater replacement? Why not look into tankless water heating? Tankless units heat water on-demand rather than in storage, giving you a perpetual stream of hot water without ever paying for heat you don’t use.
Make an investment in comfort that will pay for itself. Call for a consultation with 3 Mountains Plumbing on water heaters in Portland now!