If you’ve ever had to fix a blocked sink— or worse, a clogged toilet—you’ll know that maintaining your home’s plumbing system is a vital aspect of maintaining a healthy, comfortable living environment. That’s why the team here at 3 Mountains Plumbing wants to share five easy solutions for Portland drain cleaning with you.
Simple Fixes for Portland Drain Cleaning
When it comes to cleaning your drains, the main thing to keep in mind is to be one step ahead of the clog. Here’s how you can do that:
- Use your garbage disposal. Pour some ice cubes with a bit of detergent down the kitchen sink, then use your garbage disposal. This will scrape off any sludge from the inside of the drain.
- At the end of every day, run water with a bit of soap down the kitchen and bathroom sinks. This daily bit of maintenance keeps your drains free of sludge and bad odors.
- Use a homemade drain cleaning solution once a week. Pour a half cup of baking soda followed by a half cup of vinegar down the drain. Flush it through with a kettle of boiling water, and then another one.
- Use a commercial drain cleaning solution once a month. Use a reputable brand commercial drain cleaner once a month to fight would be clogs with the “big guns.”
- Keep a plunger handy. If a drain gets clogged, place the plunger over the drain and pump it up and down a couple of times, then remove. The suction will start to break up the clog. Repeat as necessary.
When Should You Call the Portland Drain Cleaning Experts?
Of course, even if you follow these instructions to the letter, you might still be faced with a stubborn clog at some point. When that happens, don’t waste too much time trying to fix it yourself. Chances are, it’s further down the drain than you can effectively reach—or there might be a different reason for the water not draining away, such as a caved-in pipe.
As soon as you realize you can’t fix this one yourself, call 3 Mountains Plumbing. We’re so experienced, we’re pretty sure clogs begin to shrink when they hear one of our trucks pull up! In all seriousness, with our cutting edge equipment, we can determine the location and scope of the problem. We use hydro-jetting as a fast, cost-effective and non-invasive technique to remove most blockages… leaving your pipes as good as new! So put our number your phone, and call us for all your plumbing needs!