6 Water-Saving Tips from Our Plumbing Contractor
A plumbing contractor should be readily available at this time of year to provide you with advice on how you can improve the efficiency of your plumbing system, primarily on how to save money on water bills. Managing running water can prove tricky for many homeowners out there. Running water is a necessity for all homes, but it may come at a high cost leaving you with an empty wallet. One wrong move with your plumbing fixtures may lead to significant money loss. Saving money will also prove difficult if you live a growing family where you need water for showering, loads of laundry, and dishwashing. Worse, some of the most essential fixtures in your home like toilets and showers will also prove taxing on your savings, which is practically unavoidable given how much we use them on a daily basis. One of the most common reasons for higher costs on water bills are due to homeowners refusing to do anything regarding their plumbing system’s efficiency. Instead of becoming one of these homeowners, you can be proactive and call up your local plumbing contractor immediately so you know what to do when you sense the cost of running water in your home is becoming much too high.
Why You Should Call 3 Mountains Now
If you are indeed looking for professional insight into your plumbing system, please call 3 Mountains immediately. We have a team of highly dedicated plumbing contractors who can provide advice and high-quality plumbing maintenance services. Whether it be providing pipe repair or replacing your toilet, you can count on us to meet any needs. And since our plumbing contractors have years of experience in the field, they will be much better at providing you with direction on how you can take care of your plumbing system. They also offer you upgrades on all of your plumbing fixtures so you can have the latest, and most energy-efficient, model in your home. In fact, if you upgrade to more efficient fixtures, you will save 30% more on energy bills. Once you receive our service, you and your family can enjoy a more convenient life around the house, especially when you are not worrying over higher water costs.
How Can You Save Money on Water Bills?
If you want to know how you can do your share in saving money on water bills, please call 3 Mountains for high-quality service:
- Upgrade Washing Machines: You can also save money by upgrading your washing machine, which may save you 50% more water compared to your current model. One mistake some homeowners will make is washing clothes that aren’t event dirty, so it’s best to save water by wearing clothes more than once.
- Upgrade Dishwashers: Washing dishes by hand will actually cost you more on water bills than using a dishwasher. It will instead be much better to upgrade your dishwasher to a more efficient model, which will save you 30% more water compared to conventional methods. It also ends up being about 80% more efficient than washing dishes by hand.
- Save Money on Bathroom Fixtures: Did you know that your current toilet, shower and faucets may be using up to 41 gallons per person, per day? If any of these fixtures are growing older, you should definitely consider replacing them. For example, you may want to consider a toilet replacement so you can upgrade to a low-flush toilet. Upgrading to new fixtures will allow you to save more water and money on plumbing repairs.
- Be Careful Watering the Lawn: If you love taking care of your lawn, you may not be so happy when you discover your outdoor watering habits may be costing you the most money. It’s estimated that up to 55% of your water is used outdoors, but there are ways to lower that percentage, including a more efficient drip system that waters the base of the plants instead of simply dousing the foliage.
- Consider Storm Water Options: Though this time of year will see stormier weather on the horizon, you can also reuse storm water for your own efficiency purposes. Storm water collection involves using a rooftop drum that can collect and distribute water for landscaping irrigation. Please ask one of our plumbing contractors about what other methods of storm water reuse are available.
- Improve Water Meters: You may also want to talk with a plumbing contractor about upgrading your water meter. Modern water meters can detect leaks in your home and give you detailed information on your water usage. Not only will this let you know if you need to change your water usage habits, it will also allow you to see where the majority of your water is going throughout your household.
Improve The Efficiency Of Your Plumbing System – Schedule A Service With A Plumbing Contractor Today
Contact 3 Mountains today if you want to learn more on how to save money on your water bills thanks to our plumbing contractor!