At 3 Mountains Plumbing,* Work as a Team, Elevate Your Game, Do the Right Thing, and Adapt and Grow* aren’t just words on a break room poster. They’re the foundation of the mission we strive to achieve: Making Plumbing Delightful.
We’re seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing company.
You are the right person for this job if you love the numbers and can translate their meaning to the rest of our team. You’ll build out our accounting processes and provide regular reports and analysis to the owners. You’ll be a strong partner to our field leadership team and will review their P&Ls with them at the end of each month. You’re right for this job if you have a strong background in accounting, are fun to work with, and are comfortable building a department.
- Evaluate and develop proper accounting processes that improve efficiency and accuracy, with a strong emphasis on internal controls
- Lead all day-to-day accounting functions, including month-end and year-end close, following GAAP
- Review income statement, balance sheet, and general ledger entries and accounts for accuracy and prepare supporting schedules, reports, and variance analysis
- Ensure jobs are closed and accounted for in the correct period
- Ensure purchase orders are accurately reflected in our source system
- Ensure AP is accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and ensure payments are being collected in a timely manner
- Properly account for prepaid expenses and recognize in correct periods
- Accrue expenses at month- and year-end
- Review financial statements with department owners
- Process payroll
- Coordinate with external agencies for tax planning, preparation and reporting.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- 3-5 years accounting experience including A/R, A/P, journal entries, and strong understanding of GAAP
- Full understanding of and experience with QuickBooks Online
- Bachelor’s degree required; prefer in Accounting or Finance
- Prefer experience with ServiceTitan or home services industry, though not required
You’re Right for Us if These Attributes Describe You:
- Able to maintain confidence and serve as the trusted numbers partner to the business owner.
- In-depth understanding of debit and credit accounting processes.
- Thorough attention to detail with on time delivery.
- Engaging personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Highly motivated, flexible and great attitude on life.
- You love Excel.