Looking for a new opportunity in Portland, OR? Come Join the Team at 3 Mountains Plumbing!
Primarily responsible for a group of excavation team members, in a support role
At 3 Mountains Plumbing, Work as a Team, Elevate Your Game, Do the Right Thing, and Own It is more than just words on some break-room poster. You know, the kind with the handsome, triumphant rock climber at dusk? To us, these concepts aren’t company-speak. They’re the foundation of the mission we strive to achieve: Making Plumbing Delightful.
We’re seeking a Quality Control Lead dedicated to helping our growing company live this identity – day in and day out – for our customers and employees alike.
In this role, you’ll support our excavation crews. The ideal candidate has high ethical standards, believes in working hard and doing your best, and loves to inspire others to do the same. This role requires knowledge of Portland- and Vancouver-area municipalities, excavation methods, and permits.
Prepare for Excavation Work
- Join the sales team on customer visits to support sales for complex excavation issues
- Review sold estimates to ensure we have an accurate scope of work. Perform site visits before work starts if needed.
- Partner with Install Coordinator to maximize efficiency and revenue in our schedule.
- Hold pre-flight meetings with the excavation crew to set expectations for each install, including safety and code requirements, deadlines, and materials needed.
- Ensure we have all relevant permits and equipment prior to starting work.
Manage Job Performance by Ensuring High-Quality Excavation Work
- Attend daily clipboard meeting and confirm completion goal with an excavation crew
- Visit job sites regularly to support the team, connect with customers, and adjust schedule/materials as needed
- Meet inspectors for final inspections
- Perform all warranties and callbacks; look for trends and training opportunities
- Support team as needed for equipment, manpower, and support. Coach and train as needed.
Delight our Customers
- Go above and beyond to meet or exceed promises made to the customer
- The main point of contact with customers for all questions or concerns about the job, once the job begins.
- Quickly resolve complaints from customers and ensure speedy resolution of failed inspections and recalls