Your drain and sewer system is one of the most used yet overlooked systems in your home. Think about how many times a day you use them- we certainly put them to work! Every time you take a shower, flush the toilet, wash the dishes, or do a load of laundry, you are using your drains. Because we use them so frequently, they are prone to clogs and buildup. To keep your drains clean and clear of obstruction, 3 Mountains Plumbing is ready to help.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Clogs can be a major inconvenience if they can escalate and worsen. Here are some signs to watch out for that signal you need cleaning in your home:
- Slow drains. If you’re having trouble with a sink, you may have a clog. If several water fixtures won’t drain properly, then you most likely have one somewhere in your sewer line. A thorough drain cleaning with hot water and a mild detergent, or vinegar and baking soda may work, but if flushing each drain does nothing, then it’s time to call a plumber.
- Pests. Rats and bugs are never a good thing, but if your home is visited by unwelcome pests, they may be coming from a crack somewhere in the sewer line. Cockroaches and rats can squeeze through even the smallest of gaps.
- Sky-high water bills. If it seems like your utility bills are higher than usual, the culprit could be a hidden leak. No matter how small the leak is, a camera inspection will be able to accurately detect the source.
- Sewage backup. Sewage should go down your pipes, but if it winds up going the opposite direction, you’ll want to call a plumber immediately. If it appears that the sewage only backs up out of one drain, then it’s most likely isolated. If it seems like sewage backs up every time you flush a toilet or use a sink, then the problem may be much deeper in your sewer line.
- Foul odors. You shouldn’t smell sewage in or around your home. If you can, then there’s probably a crack somewhere in the sewer line. Your plumbing should be sealed tight, but sewer gases can escape through cracks. A camera inspection will be quick to find where foul odors are coming from.
- Mold and mildew. If you smell something foul and musty, call a plumber immediately. Not only is mold toxic for your health, but it also needs excessive moisture to grow. If there’s mold growing in your home, there’s usually a leak that’s causing it.
How 3 Mountains Plumbing Can Help
We offer drain cleaning services that can help you eliminate drain problems that you may be experiencing in your home. We offer:
- Video Camera Inspection. We use state-of-the-art drain-imaging tools to get a real-time look at the inside of your drains. This video unit will allow us to see exactly what is causing the clog to develop and give us the information needed to provide you with an accurate quote.
- Drain Snake Services. A snake is a powerful way to clear even the toughest of clogs and roots mucking up your pipes. Using chemicals, rented snakes and other methods can severely damage your drains, leading to an even bigger issue. We will use a snake to grab onto the mass of the clog and pull it out through the opening of your drain. We will repeat the drain snake procedure until the clog has been entirely removed and water is flowing through your drains once again.
If you are experiencing drain issues, call
3 Mountains Plumbing today and schedule your drain cleaning service!