When you are experiencing problems with your main sewer line, you may notice some warning signs around the house. If you are experiencing any of the following problems in your home, call 3 Mountains Plumbing.
- Sewage backup and blockages. Sewage backups can happen now and then, but if sewage backs up every time you flush the toilet, the problem could be your main sewer line. All your home’s drains rely on the main line to drain properly. If you start experiencing blockages in more than one drain, you should call a 3 Mountains Plumbing professional.
- Foul odors. Your plumbing should never be stinky. If it’s emitting an unpleasant odor, you should have your system examined.
- Mold and mildew should be addressed immediately, as they can spread rapidly. A crack in your sewer line can leak water and promote its growth, so you should call a professional as soon as possible.
- Slow drainage. Slow drains are a common plumbing problem, and most issues can be easily fixed. When these methods don’t work, however, it could mean that you have a severe clog deeper in your sewer line.
- Random lush spots in your yard. Have you noticed spots in your yard that are extra green and lush? If so, it could be from a crack in your main line. Sewage is a great fertilizer, so it’s likely a leak directly below.
- Pests. Rodents and critters can fit through cracks in your sewer line with ease. From there, they can make it into the rest of your plumbing system and other areas in your home.
- Foundation damage. Did you know that a problem with your line can cause structural damage to your home? If left untreated, leaking water can cause cracks and even sinkholes in your foundation.
How 3 Mountains Plumbing Can Help
Once we determine the cause of your sewer issue, we will provide you with a fixed price quote and a list of your repair and replacement options. According to city plumbing codes, before any repairs or replacements are made on your sewer are completed, we will pull a permit and check with the city to ensure we are aware of the exact location of your sewer system. Small cracks or leaks in your sewer line or breakage due to an accident can often be repaired by replacing a small section of the sewer line.
In the case of corrosion, tree roots, or improper pitch, a complete sewer line replacement may be necessary. Regardless of is your sewer line requires repair or replacement we will need to excavate to gain access to the sewer line and will have the repair or replacement inspected as necessary before filling in the trench.
If you suspect that something is wrong with your main sewer line, call 3 Mountains Plumbing and schedule your service today!