Pipe repair is one of the most important plumbing services to consider this fall if you want to reduce your spending on utility bills. However, for some homeowners, spotting pipe problems at all may prove difficult. Pipes are usually located between walls and under floors in your home, making it sometimes impossible for anyone but a licensed plumber to assess if problems with piping exist. This may result in serious problems growing even worse, and you not even have an idea as to what’s going on. This lack of awareness is especially concerning in the event of a pipe leak, which can cost you several gallons of water and a significant amount of cash wasted on high water costs. Even worse, allowing a leak in your pipes to persist may even result in you spending money on water damage restoration service, which can be quite expensive. It may seem like once your pipes experience problems, you are fated to experience a life full of high plumbing costs, but identifying the signs of a problem may not be so difficult. It may even just take a closer look around the house to determine if your pipes need professional attention.
Calling 3 Mountains Plumbing for High-Quality Service
If you do realize pipe repair is necessary, you should make 3 Mountains Plumbing your go-to for any plumbing service. Our plumbers are the best the Portland area has to offer, with all the tools and qualifications necessary to make effective repairs. If you suspect you have leaky pipes, they can carefully examine your home’s plumbing system for even the smallest cracks and dents. In addition, our plumbers can offer video camera inspection to determine if your pipes are struggling due to tree root intrusion or any other blockage. With just one phone call our way, you will be able to reduce your water bills and be able to use your most essential plumbing fixtures to their fullest extent. Plus, you will be able to enjoy the fall so much more, especially when you aren’t bothered by pipe problems.
When Should You Call for Pipe Repair?
We want to remind you that it’s entirely possible to identify warning signs that your home is experiencing a pipe problem. Signs may even pop up in ways you didn’t quite expect. The next time you suspect you have plumbing problems, please take note of the following 8 warning signs:
- Contaminated Water: Water treatment systems, like water filtration and water softening, will help prevent the risk of contamination. However, if your water is visibly murky even with this system in place, you should call for help before you put your family’s health at risk.
- Rusty Spots: Since your pipes are running throughout the entire household, you may sometimes see rust spots in odd places throughout their homes. This usually means you have old and rusting pipes that need to be replaced. Before this makes you spend a considerable amount of money on home restoration, call 3 Mountains Plumbing for service immediately.
- Unexplained Cracks and Holes: Any visible cracks or holes in piping is immediate means of concern. Older pipes are more at risk for extensive physical damage. The damage can only get worse if you allow it to persist, so don’t pass up the chance to call for help as soon as possible.
- Corroded Pipes: Pipes may be visible outside of the house or in some other locations like the basement, which will allow you to see if pipes are indeed corroded. It’s a sign that pipes inside your home are corroding as well and will need to be replaced immediately before they break apart.
- Low Water Pressure: If you are noticing lower water pressure in your pipes, taking showers and dishwashing will prove difficult, especially when water is not at the pressure necessary to wash effectively. This is usually a sign of pipe failure and if you do not act soon enough, your pipes just may fall apart.
- Advance Household Age: Though older homes may appeal to the fixer-uppers out there, you may be dealing with the original pipes on the property, which can prove an uphill battle right from the start. The older the house gets, the more likely you will run into problems. You should consider having a professional take a look at your home just in case.
- Damp Walls and Floors: If you are noticing water stains on their walls or floors, you need to call for pipe leak repair before it results in serious water damage. Allowing water to linger on the walls will only heighten the risk of mold growth, which can take its toll on your indoor air quality.
- Outdated Pipes: Homes built before the 1990s may have piping made out of polybutylene, which has been since proven defective and the source of many lawsuits. Your pipes are also outdated if they are made out of clay or cast iron, allowing them to break apart quite easily.
Don’t Let Leaky Pipes Drown Our Your Fall Plans – Schedule A Pipe Repair Service Today
Contact 3 Mountains Plumbing today if you want to maintain a high level of sanitation in your home thanks to our pipe repair!