Plumbing Winterization Tips
Don’t forget to flush…your exterior plumbing that is! To keep your home safe, it is important to know how to properly prepare your plumbing for winter. The household plumbing experts at 3 Mountains Plumbing of Portland are happy to help.
What matters most is timing. Now is the time. As temperatures decrease, water becomes more likely to freeze thus wreaking havoc on unattended plumbing systems.
How Do I Flush My Plumbing?
First off, we suggest calling a professional to be certain the job gets done right. If pipes and exterior plumbing are not properly drained, irreparable damage may take place. Our professional team of journeymen plumbers will thoroughly inspect your home and ensure its safety.
- Shut off the water main valve.
- Drain outdoor faucets, irrigation systems, and hoses.
- Disconnect all exterior plumbing.
- Keep in a warm, safe location until spring.
No Time? Call a Pro!
Not everyone has ample free time to deal with plumbing maintenance, let alone winterization projects. Of course, we believe it’s in everyone’s best interest to contact a professional plumber. Here’s why:
- Safety: Our fully certified journeymen plumbers are consistently trained to manage all household plumbing emergencies.
- Experience: 3 Mountains Plumbing has been serving the greater Portland community for over 13 years.
- Superior Service: We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality customer service. We are prompt, professional, and available to provide emergency service.
- Warranties: We provide a three-year warranty on all parts and services, plus additional warranties on select products.
- Coupons: We offer a variety of seasonal coupons.
Contact 3 Mountains Plumbing of Portland to learn more about our residential plumbing winterization solutions. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.